storeMate Mobile Shopping Experience (MSE) is a modern, scalable self-scanning solution. It allows store customers to scan their items during their shopping trip with a portable hand scanner, displaying the scanned items and total information after each scan. At the end of the trip, the items are retrieved by POS or payment tower, allowing the customer to have a fast check-out.
storeMate MSE offers advantages for both customer and store.
- For the customer, there is no need to unpack and repack items at the traditional checkout. Because of that, and because the items don’t need to be scanned, checkout is much faster than at a traditional POS.
- For the store, using storeMate MSE means a higher customer throughput and higher customer satisfaction, increasing turnover and reducing personnel deployment and costs.
storeMate MSE includes the following components:
- customer hand scanner: contains customer application, allows registering and voiding items, shows item list, total number of items, total amount and total discount amount
- entrance unit: display with instructions, scanner or card reader for customer identification, cradles containing hand scanners
- exit unit (optional): cradles for placing the customer hand scanner after finishing shopping trip
- quick shopper (optional): combination of entrance and exit unit, for customers with few items, scan and bag at the same location
- storeMate Mobile Assistant (optional): for performing a partial inspection of the customer's items and receiving self-scanning system alerts
- system monitoring and maintenance application: web-based application for system settings and configuration, status overview (including alerting mechanism), customer maintenance and reporting
- self-scanning server: runs self-scanning software, connects to all components, provides item information and prices, etc.
Optionally, the following storeMate products can be used:
- storeMate Self-Payment checkout solution: providing the customer with fast, unassisted checkout;
- storeMate Mobile Assistant: for mobile monitoring of the storeMate Self-Payment checkouts and exit gates.
storeMate MSE is fully configurable, having a wide range of possible configurations.
- using internal or external customer database
- using barcode card, MSR card, chip card or bank card as customer identification
- entrance unit with integrated or separate barcode reader, several screen sizes available
- requiring customer enrolment or allowing anonymous participation
- using exit units or end-of-trip barcode at POS
- using payment station, traditional POS or special self-scanning POS at end of shopping trip
- using two-level inspection of items (partial and full) or only one (full)
- performing partial inspection by customer terminal or storeMate Mobile Assistant
- customer inspection chance fully configurable (multiple levels, automatic customer blocking, calculation on item count and amount).
storeMate MSE is fully customisable:
- banner-specific entrance unit graphics
- banner-specific customer hand scanner user interface theme
- customisable casing colours (depending on hardware supplier).
storeMate MSE supplies a range of statistics and system usage reports, allowing a store to monitor and fine-tune system use.
storeMate MSE is fully supported by and integrated with the storeMate POS solution, but allows interfacing with any third-party POS solution.
storeMate MSE is fully scalable, allowing over 500 customer hand scanners in a single store. It can be successfully deployed in any store, regardless of size and branch.