We, the TOSHIBA TEC Group, expand our operations on a global basis under the following two business groups: Retail Information Systems and Document Processing & Telecommunication Systems, while contributing to society through "Monozukuri" or by creating environmentally conscious products including POS systems and digital multi-function peripherals.
We assign top priority to consideration for the environment throughout all business activities, and practice global sustainability based on our Corporate Philosophy "Our Five Commitments" along with corporate social responsibility, in order to hand down to our next generation, our irreplaceable Earth in a sound state.
TOSHIBA TEC Group
(1) Given "sustainability management", "development and distribution of eco-products," "promotion of eco-process" and "promotion of environmental communication" as the important pillars of sustainability, the TOSHIBA TEC Group actively drives environmental protection.
(2) "Sustainability Management"
- The TOSHIBA TEC Group specifies and promotes objectives and targets for its business activities, products and services to reduce environmental impacts and prevent pollution, and continually strives to improve the environment.
- The TOSHIBA TEC Group complies not only with laws and regulations applied in countries or regions all over the world, and also industry guidelines, which it has endorsed, for environmental protection.
- The TOSHIBA TEC Group educates all its employees to enhance their consciousness of the environment.
(3) "Development and Distribution of Eco-Products"
- The TOSHIBA TEC Group fosters green procurement of environmentally conscious materials and parts, resource and energy conservation, and abolition of certain chemical substances, in order to provide environmentally conscious products.
- The TOSHIBA TEC Group advances distribution of environmentally conscious products.
- The TOSHIBA TEC Group contributes to the establishment of a sustainable society, while collecting and recycling used products and reusing used parts.
(4) "Promotion of Eco-Process"
- The TOSHIBA TEC Group strives toward resource and energy conservation, as well as correct control of chemical substances, for environmentally conscious production.
- The TOSHIBA TEC Group promotes green purchasing of environmentally conscious stationeries and office automation equipment.
(5) "Promotion of Environmental Communication"
- The TOSHIBA TEC Group actively and widely discloses its policy for the environment and activities inside and outside the Group.
- The TOSHIBA TEC Group participates in society-wide environmental activities in cooperation with administrations, communities and bodies concerned.